Friday, April 3, 2015

Essay: Celtic Stories

I wasn't really sure what to expect when I chose to read this unit on More Celtic Stories. I'm glad I chose to read this unit, because it was a lot of fun! There were a lot of different types of stories that all had certain characteristics and personalities. I thought the wiring was uniques because there were different types of words that gave the reader a Celtic feel. Of the unit, I wrote about a couple of stories that were my favorite in my Reading Diary.

One story was about a man who had never dreamed before. When he finally was able to have a dream, it was absolutely insane! Crazy things happened and he did;t want to have another dram again. My favorite story from the entire unit was about a farmer. He was having a bad year and lost his family and his workers. He needed help plowing his crops, but couldn't find any workers. When a man looking for work stumbled upon him, they agreed the man would plow the crops if her could take whatever he could hold in one trip. They agreed and the man plowed all of the farmers crops by himself. The farmer was thrilled until the plow man took all of his crops. He ended up losing the crops from his barrel and couldn't fool the farmer. The farmer was grateful for the work and was able to keep his farm going.

I wrote a story based of this in my Storybook. Instead of a plowman, I used a leprechaun. If you are looking for a mediocre read, go check it out!

I'm enjoying this theme of stories this week, and excited to choose another unit next week with the same theme. I'd encourage others to read this unit and to read it in an Irish accent. It makes it a lot more fun ;).



1 comment:

  1. Hey, Landon! So I did not get to read this unit, but it sounds like it was definitely interesting. Having visited Ireland myself, I would also say that it seems somewhat indicative of the people and culture there, haha. Though I must say, much like the man in the first story you described, I don't dream often, but when I do I often wish that I remembered those very. . . unique. . . experiences, lol.

    ReplyDelete