Friday, April 24, 2015

Essay - Italian Fairy Tales

For my LAST unit, I chose to read Italian Fairy Tales. This was a great unit to end on. It was full of fun stories that I really wasn't expecting. I had a lot of fun reading these stories that had humor, personality, resilience, and emotion. Each story had its own power and story. My favorite story from the unit was called Water and Salt. It was about a king who asked his three daughters to tell him how much they loved him. When one of the daughters told him he loved him as much as water and salt the king was furious and told his guards to kill her. The guards ended up not killing her, but a goat instead and covered up her story. The girl was rescued by a magician and fell in love by another prince. They threw a party and invited all the kings to come. The daughter told her maids not to give the king any water or salt. He could barely eat his food and then the girl said now you know what I meant. The king couldn't believe it.

This was an awesome class and I'm really glad I got to enjoy so many great readings. This was a great unit to end on and I would suggest it to anyone looking for an easy and fun read. The best thing about these stories is the opportunity to learn about so many different cultures. These Italian fairy tales are a prime example. They are great stories that I had never heard of before, but loved anyway.

Have some extra time on your hand? Go check it out!

That's a wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment