Friday, April 17, 2015

Essay - Europa

This unit on Europa is one for the record books. I loved reading it! I have had the privilege to read Joseph Jacobs before and he never disappoints. The coolest part of this unit is the fact that there are a lot of familiar stories that are retold. They are mixed and matched and really do a great job of providing a new style and freshness for the reader.

I thought most of the stories were pretty easy to read and had a nice tone to them. I would definitely recommend this unit to others and I know they would enjoy it just like me. Like I mentioned in my reading diary, one of my favorite stories was Beauty and the Beast. It is just a great story that I have admired for quite sometime now. Joseph Jacobs did a great job rewriting this famous story and gave it a cool twist.

The unit really isn;t too long in its entirety. I really wasn't sure what to expect when choosing this unit to read so I didn't have a ton of expectations. I chose it because of the author and the interesting summary of it. I am beyond happy with my choice though. With only one more week of reading, I am glad I chose to read this unit. It was good to end on a positive note and read from such a good author.

It has been cool to see the different reading styles over the course of the semester. I have had the opportunity to read bits and pieces of just about everything and this was a good finale to it all. It is kind of sad to see it coming to an end, but these readings will stick with me. I have learned so much and I would encourage anyone to do the same readings too!


Beauty and the Beast

No comments:

Post a Comment