Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Reading Diary A - Italian Fairy Tales

Wow! What a cool unit. I read Italian Fairy Tales for my final unit in the course. After reading the first half of this unit, I can already tell this may be one of my favorites yet. The stories are so unique and interesting. The writing style is pretty simple to read too. My favorite story was called Water and Salt. This story is about a king and his three daughters. When the youngest daughter says she loves him like water and salt, the king has her killed. Luckily, the guards kill a goat instead to act like they killed the princess. A magician finds the girl and saves her. A young prince falls in love with her and during the wedding, they invite kings to come join them, including her father. When they serve the king food without salt and no water, she reveals who she is and why salt and water are so important. They all live happily ever after.



No comments:

Post a Comment