Monday, January 26, 2015

Legends of Noah - Reading Diary A

The unit on The Legends of Noah begins with scripture from Genesis and the story of Noah and the ark. The first half of the unit walks through the life of Noah in Genesis and adds some myths and legends such as the story of the Fallen Angels that depicts angels sent to punish fallen angels and corrupt people. My favorite part of the reading was the story of Noah and the ark. This incredible story is known by most people. 

In the story, Noah is a good man who God chooses to use in a big way. God looks down on the earth and is disgusted by the corruption that is consuming people. "I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them," said the Lord.

He decides to flood the earth and wipe out the shameful people. He tells Noah to build an ark for him and his family. He is then to gather two every animal on the earth to rest in the ark for safety during the flood. Noah follows God's commands and he is saved from the flood.

I like this story because it is honestly insane! I mean think about it, water once flooded the entire world because people were so corrupt, God had no other choice. I can't imagine what must have been going through Noah's head while building this ark. It has been cool to see the story passed on from generation to generation through books and movies. I admire Noah's trust and faith in his beliefs.


The ark providing safety to animals during the flood.
Photo Cred: Charlotte Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment